logging bug in JDBC driver (https://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-9.4.1212.jar)

From: Sergey Kim <skim(at)odin(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Sergey Onuchin <sonuchin(at)odin(dot)com>
Subject: logging bug in JDBC driver (https://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-9.4.1212.jar)
Date: 2016-12-09 09:54:51
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Dear Community,

we upgraded our old using jdbc driver with the newest version (https://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-9.4.1212.jar) and revealed that ( loglevel) parameter doesn't produce any messages as it stated in the documentation (https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/94/connect.html).

The previously using but obsolete version (postgresql-9.2-1002.jdbc4.jar) has this feature which we actively have been using for debug purposes.

Connecting to the Database - PostgreSQL JDBC Driver<https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/94/connect.html>
jdbc.postgresql.org
Connecting to the Database. With JDBC, a database is represented by a URL (Uniform Resource Locator). With PostgreSQL(tm), this takes one of the following forms:

Please consider the issue.

Best Regards,
Sergey Kim
HA Arhitect / skim(at)odin(dot)com