Re: BUG #14197: ERROR: character with byte sequence 0x81 in encoding "WIN1252" has no equivalent in encoding "UTF8"

From: <sheri(dot)bhavani(at)cognizant(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #14197: ERROR: character with byte sequence 0x81 in encoding "WIN1252" has no equivalent in encoding "UTF8"
Date: 2016-06-17 05:08:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

The migration was successful .

• while creating backup for the database we used postgresql 7 version .

• While restoring the same backup using postgreSQL 9.5.3 we are facing the mentioned problem.

• ERROR: character with byte sequence 0x81 in encoding "WIN1252" has no equivalent in encoding "UTF8" is thrown in postgreSQL 9.5.3 .
Please help me out to resolve this error.

Regards,
Bhavani