Re: Long-time 7.4 contrib failure Mac OS X 10.3.8

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Long-time 7.4 contrib failure Mac OS X 10.3.8
Date: 2005-11-15 02:52:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Nov 15, 2005, at 11:34 , Tom Lane wrote:

> Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com> writes:
>> The 7.4 tree has never built cleanly on Wallaroo, a Mac OS X 10.3.8
>> member of the build farm. Currently it's failing in the make contrib
>> stage.

<snip />

> I believe you could get 7.4 contrib to build if you take out
> --with-openssl in that branch's configure arguments.
>
> You may find you have to back off on --with-python and/or --with-tcl
> as well :-( I don't recall when we first got those PLs to work on
> OS X, but it wasn't all that long ago.

Thanks for the explanation. Is making this change to the build farm
machine's config worth doing? Is it more useful on the build farm to
see what works, or to see what fails? I'm thinking the latter. It'd
be nice to see green, but green for green's sake isn't the point.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com