Foreign table scan estimates

From: "Albe Laurenz" <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Foreign table scan estimates
Date: 2012-04-20 12:26:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

While playing around with ANALYZE on foreign tables, I noticed
that the row count estimate for foreign scans is still
initialized to 1000 even if there are statistics for the
foreign table. I think that this should be improved.

The attached patch illustrates my suggestion.

BTW, ist there any other place where foreign table statistics
should or do enter the planning process?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Attachment Content-Type Size
foreign-estimates.patch application/octet-stream 2.1 KB