Re: Prepared statement already exists

From: "Albe Laurenz" <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "WireSpot *EXTERN*" <wirespot(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Prepared statement already exists
Date: 2008-11-20 12:21:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Please, send your replies to the list as well.

WireSpot wrote:
> > Do you still need the old prepared statement?
> >
> > If not, you can simple DEALLOCATE it and then try the PREPARE again.
>
> Yes, I'd like to keep the old statements, that's part of the perks --
> if a query will be repeated it will (possibly) benefit from the
> statement being already prepared.

I see.

Then you'll have a way to remember the names of prepared statements,
because otherwise you cannot reuse them.

You'll have to find a way to pick or generate unique names for the
prepared statements.
You could check for name collisions and disambiguate with a suffix
or something.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe