Re: graphical ERD tool

From: "Dann Corbit" <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>
To: "Dennis Gearon" <gearond(at)fireserve(dot)net>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: graphical ERD tool
Date: 2004-05-08 00:02:02
Lists: pgsql-general

What are you using?

I like ERWin/ERX, but it is not specifically tailored to PostgreSQL
(e.g. does not understand sequences, etc.).
So there are lots of manual steps after your bare SQL generation.

I could not get DBManager to work even with SQLite, but I think some
others like that one.

I downloaded Case Studio to try that, and also was unable even to
import.

I tried Visual Case 2, but that did not work for me, even though
PostgreSQL is listed as supported.

This looked real promising:
http://mogwai.sourceforge.net/
But when I try to reverse engineer PostgreSQL tables, the list of tables
is empty, even though the connection seems fine.

This is nowhere close to ready:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydbdesigner/

Don't bother:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/yadbd/