Re: source documentation tool doxygen

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, thomas(at)tada(dot)se, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, jgardner(at)jonathangardner(dot)net
Subject: Re: source documentation tool doxygen
Date: 2006-01-16 21:51:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On Jan 17, 2006, at 3:51 , Tom Lane wrote:

> A quick look through the doxygen manual doesn't make it sound too
> invasive, but I am worried about how well it will coexist with
> pgindent.
> It seems both tools think they can dictate the meaning of the
> characters
> immediately after /* of a comment block.

I haven't looked at it yet, but might there not be a way to have a
preprocessing step where the current comment format is converted to
something doxygen-friendly? pg_indent2doxygen or something? Then the
current comment style could be maintained and doxygen could get what
it likes.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com