Re: More schema queries

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: More schema queries
Date: 2002-05-21 15:26:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Sorry Tom, I know this isn't strictly a PostgreSQL problem, but despite
much time on Google I'm stuck with gdb. I can attach it to the
standalone backend at the relevant point in initdb, and have got it to
break in RangeVarGetCreationNamespace. I can also see the call stack &
registers etc.

What I cannot do is get it to show me anything useful. I only seem to be
able to step through the assembly code (is it possible to load the C
source?), and more importantly, adding a watch (or print-ing)
namespace_search_path gives: 167839776. Attempting to watch or print
namespaceId gives 'Error: No symbol "namespaceId" in current context.'.

I'd appreciate any pointers you can give me...

Regards, Dave.