Re: accumulating handles problem on machine running postgresql

From: Adam Bruss <abruss(at)awrcorp(dot)com>
To: Marti Raudsepp <marti(at)juffo(dot)org>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: accumulating handles problem on machine running postgresql
Date: 2012-02-28 14:48:48
Lists: pgsql-general

The handles persist through restarting the postgresql service and restarting the IIS server. The handles are accumulating on the System process. I think the handles are created when the web service is accessed but that would mean the IIS worker processes would have responsibility and they don't seem to. Recycling the worker processes in IIS does nothing. And the worker processes have their own process w3wp.exe which never accumulate handles. It's probably not a postgresql thing or other people would be seeing it.

Adam Bruss
Senior Development Engineer
AWR Corporation
11520 N. Port Washington Rd., Suite 201