Can I make a function an explicit transaction within?

From: Ivicz László <ivicz(at)foxart(dot)hu>
To: <pgsql-questions(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Can I make a function an explicit transaction within?
Date: 2003-04-17 08:37:13
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,
I have tried in 7.3 to make a PL/pgSQL function with an explicit Begin
Transaction; Rollback; and Commit;.
The editor allowed to save it (pgAdmin II), but each of the above
commands caused a
runtime error in any variation.
My question is: Can I make a function with explicit transaction in any
procedural language (mainly in PL/pgSQL)?
Thanks,
Laci