Temporary tables inside functions problem

From: Avi Schwartz <avi(at)CFFtechnologies(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Temporary tables inside functions problem
Date: 2003-06-07 23:50:36
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a function (func2) which creates 2 temporary tables when it
starts and drops them before it returns.
Another function (func1) calls func2.

From psql:
Calling func2 directly works fine.
Calling func1 which in turn calls func2 works fine.

From ColdFusion MX:
If I call func2 directly from within ColdFusion it works fine.
If I call func1 which in turn calls func2 from within ColdFusion, I get
the following error:

ERROR: pg_class_aclcheck: relation 8392689 not found
WARNING: Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function func2

It seems that the error occurs not when creating the temporary tables,
but rather when attempting to insert into them.

I am sure there is a logical explanation, although I can find it. Any
idea what is the problem and how I can fix it?

Thanks,
Avi
--
Avi Schwartz