Re: Detaching database

From: "Dann Corbit" <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>
To: "Petr" <pjsoft(at)volny(dot)cz>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Detaching database
Date: 2005-12-28 01:06:46
Lists: pgsql-general

This sounds like a dangerous line to walk, to me.

If the schemas for the two database systems are diverging, then trying
to synchronize them is sure to have problems. I do not think that there
is any miracle cure (using PostgreSQL or any other database system).

If you know of a sure subset of tables that are guaranteed not to
change, then perhaps you can create a table by table script for those.