Fwd: pgAdmin III 1.12.0 on Windows Server 2003

From: Patrik Wenger <paddor(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: pgAdmin III 1.12.0 on Windows Server 2003
Date: 2010-09-30 21:29:07
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello Dave

> Yes. 'Stupid IT management' is a good description.
Sorry, English is not my first language. The IT guys are very restrictive, which means I cannot run the installation file on the server. And I cannot access the PostgreSQL database (running on Linux) otherwise, because this whole network is only reachable through Citrix. You see? My company is paranoid. lol

That's why I (and my team) have been using an archived version of pgAdmin installed on a personal Windows XP machine. But as of 1.12.0, this doesn't work anymore.

> You'll need to install (or copy to the pgAdmin directory) the VC++
> 2008 runtimes. You can download the installer from microsoft.com.
Could you provide me an archive of that directory? I don't have VC++ and I can't install it on that machine.
Nor I won't do it on any other Windows machine.

By the way, this is no bug? You intended to change it this way?

> Aside from you there hasn't been any requests for them.
Would it be that difficult for you? I and my team would be very thankful.

Thank you in advance.
Regards, Patrik