Re: PLPerl - Undefined symbol "MemoryContextSwitchTo"

From: Doug Sampson <dougs(at)dawnsign(dot)com>
To: 'Tom Lane' <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PLPerl - Undefined symbol "MemoryContextSwitchTo"
Date: 2009-11-20 16:32:13
Lists: pgsql-general

> Doug Sampson <dougs(at)dawnsign(dot)com> writes:
> > orion-root@/usr/ports: make search name=postgresql-plperl
> > Port: postgresql-plperl-7.4.25_1
>
> It would appear that you forgot to update plperl to 8.4 along with
> the core postgres package ... the error message is not tremendously
> informative but it seems consistent with the idea of trying to load
> a 7.4-vintage plperl.so into a modern backend.

I'm no PGSQL expert. Neither am I a FreeBSD expert.

How does one build plperl support into a FreeBSD port of postgresql-server
8.4? Here's what 'make config' shows:

+----------------------------------------------------------------+ |
| |[X] NLS Use internationalized messages
| |
| |[X] PAM Build with PAM support (server
only) | |
| |[ ] LDAP Build with LDAP authentication
support | |
| |[ ] MIT_KRB5 Build with MIT's kerberos
support | |
| |[ ] HEIMDAL_KRB5 Builds with Heimdal kerberos
support | |
| |[X] OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS Builds with compiler
optimizations (-O3) | |
| |[X] XML Build with XML data type
(server) | |
| |[X] TZDATA Use internal timezone database
(server) | |
| |[ ] DEBUG Builds with debugging symbols
| |
| |[ ] INTDATE Builds with 64-bit date/time
type (server)| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

| [ OK ] Cancel

Or am I going about this the wrong way? Should I install the
p5-postgresql-plperl port even though it states that this ports depends on
or are depended by postgresql 7.4 server/client and perl 5.8.9? Will the
p5-postgresql-plperl work with version 8.4.0_1 of PGSQL and Perl 5.10.1?

~Doug