RE: [GENERAL] Unix crypt() for PostgreSQL

From: "Jackson, DeJuan" <djackson(at)cpsgroup(dot)com>
To: Richi Plana <richip(at)mozcom(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] Unix crypt() for PostgreSQL
Date: 1999-03-31 17:03:03
Lists: pgsql-general

It's depends upon your needs, but if you're on a Unix system why not just
access the system crypt function. You could create a PostgreSQL C function
to easily access it. Just look in contrib for an example of the code.
If you're on a Windows system I'd say give up now unless you want to
implement the entire crypt trapdoor algorithms.
-DEJ