pg_hba.conf & Dynamic IP addresses

From: "Michael Mattox" <michael(dot)mattox(at)verideon(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_hba.conf & Dynamic IP addresses
Date: 2003-05-28 07:49:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

Is it possible to configure the pg_hba.conf to allow access from a dynamic
IP address? Or is it possible to allow ANY IP address? I tried using both
my domain name and *.*.*.* and neither work. I have a dynamic IP address
with my DSL at home and I'd really like to find a way for me to be able to
connect to postgres. I need to have a program running that connects to the
database so editing pg_hba.conf by hand isn't an option. I've searched the
mailing list archives and the newsgroups and although this question has been
asked a few times there has never been a firm response.

Thanks,
Michael Mattox