Re: Windowing Function Patch Review -> Standard Conformance

From: "David Rowley" <dgrowley(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "'Hitoshi Harada'" <umi(dot)tanuki(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "'Vladimir Sitnikov'" <sitnikov(dot)vladimir(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Windowing Function Patch Review -> Standard Conformance
Date: 2008-11-09 09:59:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hitoshi Harada wrote:
> I recreate the patch against current HEAD, in the git it's here:
>
> http://git.postgresql.org/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=f88970d3c6fb9f99543
> d873bb7228f4c057c23e0
>
> I tested `patch -p1` with the attached and succeeded to make it work
> cleanly. It seems to me that this patch can be applied until another
> pg_proc.h entry would introduced in the HEAD.
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Hitoshi Harada

Thanks Hitoshi,

You've done what I planned to do first thing this morning. I was planning to
write a script that checks for the new lines then I could have removed
those, patched then re-added them with the extra f.

It looks like it's not easy to keep it working with CVS head. I counted 3
patches that touched pg_proc.h just this month. I must have missed another
as I still couldn't get it to apply. Hence the need for the script.

Thanks for the new patch I'll get testing now.

David.