Re: PLEASE: I really need german characters

From: "Gunnar Groetschel" <ggroetschel(at)sokoma(dot)de>
To: "Pgsql-Odbc (E-Mail)" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PLEASE: I really need german characters
Date: 2003-12-04 11:35:08
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Nothing worked.
I have now tried a few things and nothing helped.

There must be a bug in the ODBC Driver!!!

If i use PGAdmin III to connect to the database i see "Umlaute" (=äöüÄÖÜ) CORRECT!
If i use the odbc driver i see only sh** (Möller should be Müller).
If i use psql on my linux box, i also can see all the (Umlaute) correct.
psql -l shows me, that the database is in SQL_ASCII (what should be ok - after 2 hours reading manual pages).

I have tried to encode the database in Latin9, Latin2, Windows1256 and unicode - didn't help
I have compiled the new 7.4 database - didn't help
I have set the clien_encoding parameter in postgres.conf - didn't help
I have written a VB Script (you can see it above) to access the database - didn't help

I am really +*++a#? with this sh*** odbc driver :-))

Best regards
Gunnar

############################
Dim conn As ADODB.Connection
Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset
Set conn = New ADODB.Connection
conn.ConnectionString = "DRIVER={PostgreSQL};SERVER=192.168.1.117;DATABASE=ixkaizen_import;PORT=5432;UID=postgres;CONNSETTINGS=SET CLIENT_ENCODING TO 'LATIN9';"
conn.Open
Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
rs.CursorLocation = adUseClient
rs.Open "select str_name from xcrm_contactb0d6d496 where str_name like 'M%'", conn, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic
Do While Not rs.EOF
Debug.Print rs!str_name
rs.MoveNext
Loop