[Pljava-dev] ERROR: must be superuser to examine "dynamic_library_path"

From: guyr at masergy(dot)com (Guy Rouillier)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] ERROR: must be superuser to examine "dynamic_library_path"
Date: 2004-12-15 23:26:43
Lists: pljava-dev

Newbie alert. First, thanks Thomas for this great addition to
PostgreSQL - I appreciate your efforts. I've installed PLJava on Linux
PostgreSQL 8.0 in a little test database. As the "postgres" super user,
I am able to deploy, load examples.jar and run javatest stored
functions. I did not need to set the dynamic_library_path in
postgresql.conf, as the so's where installed in /usr/local/pgsql/lib,
where it apparently already looking.

I've granted "All" to "public" on both the sqlj and javatest schemas.
But whenever I try to run any javatest functions as a user other than
postgres, I get the subject message. Is it possible to configure this
so that I don't need to grant superuser privilege to every user that
wants to execute Java stored procedures?

--
Guy Rouillier