lock on object is already held

From: Daniel Wood <dwood(at)salesforce(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: lock on object is already held
Date: 2013-11-19 04:24:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Sorry but I don't know how to respond to an old thread I found on
postgresql.org:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20766.1357318482@sss.pgh.pa.us

I presume this is still an open issue. While working on a new feature I
wrote a stress test for it. After fixing my bugs, I couldn't get rid of:
ERROR: lock RowExclusiveLock on object 16384/16393/0 is already held
In addition, with asserts enabled in lock.c I would see Asserts in
UnGrantLock, LockRelease, LockReleaseAll, etc. In one run everything hung
waiting on SQL locks.

The asserts or hang occurs within seconds of running the stress test.
Before I get into the details I want to see if this is something already
being worked on. I can repro it easily in vanilla 9.3.