Re: WIP: Fast GiST index build

From: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WIP: Fast GiST index build
Date: 2011-07-07 10:47:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

New version of patch with readme and some bugfixes.
Some new tests with fast build parameters variations are on the wiki page.
While I doubt to interpret some results of tests, because it looks strange
for me. I particular I can't explain why decrease of buffer size affects
index quality so much (in my expectation decrease of buffer size should make
all build parameters closer to regular build). I'm going to recheck my
experiments, probably I'm missing something.

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.

Attachment Content-Type Size
gist_fast_build-0.5.0.patch.gz application/x-gzip 27.1 KB