psql on Mac

From: Ozan Kahramanogullari <ozan(dot)kah(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: andrej(dot)groups(at)gmail(dot)com, "Cc: Jeff Frost" <jeff(dot)frost(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql on Mac
Date: 2018-10-23 22:26:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-novice

Thank you, Andrej. I tried the instructions in this website. However, this
did not provide the desired outcome. I am pasting the command line
below.Also, the command "psql -h localhost" did not work.

XXX:src3 ozan$ psql -h localhost

Password:

psql: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "ozan"

XXX:src3 ozan$ psql -U postgres

psql (10.5)

Type "help" for help.

postgres=# CREATE USER ozan WITH PASSWORD 'parrot';

CREATE ROLE

postgres=# \q

XXX:src3 ozan$ psql

Password:

psql: FATAL: database "ozan" does not exist

XXX:src3 ozan$ psql -U postgres

psql (10.5)

Type "help" for help.

postgres=# GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE lecture to ozan;

GRANT

postgres=# \q

Ozan's MacBookPro:src3 ozan$ psql

^