need ability to control line ending format in editor

From: jeff stevens <raelphoto(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: need ability to control line ending format in editor
Date: 2016-05-20 13:20:53
Lists: pgadmin-support

hello,
searched for this topic but couldn't find anything via google or searching
the mailing lists.

pgAdmin
---------------------
v 1.22.1 on windows 10
english

postgres
---------------------
v 9.5.1 on opensuse 3.16.7
english

i do my function development in pgAdmin on windows, but my postgres
instances are all on linux.
i create a script to edit a function. if there are any line endings added
or modified, they seem to be saved back to postgres as \r instead of \n.
to promote changes, i typically copy/paste from the pgAdmin script window
through PuTTY into a text file, which i can then submit to test and prod
using psql in linux.
somewhere in that process the line endings get out of sync; not sure how.
then when i run my db compare script it reports differences because of the
occasional \r.

has this been discussed already?

thanks,
jeff stevens