Restarting the LAPUG

From: Edward Hooper <dokhebi(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Restarting the LAPUG
Date: 2012-12-09 04:19:14
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

I'm working with another person to restart the LA Postgres Users Group and
I'm trying to arrange for a place to hold the meetings, but they may charge
rent. At the last Southern California Linux Expo (SCaLE) I was told by
someone (I don't remember who) at the PostgreSQL booth that money could be
made available to help defray the cost of running a group until it was self
supporting. Is this true?

For those interested, the location would be the Los Angeles Science Fantasy
Society Clubhouse in Van Nuys, California and the meeting would be held on
the second Tuesday of each month. Iff the LASFS Board of Directors
approves the proposal at their meeting tomorrow.

Thanks in advance,

Edward Hooper