Re: Has Pg 9.1.0 been released today?

From: Leonardo Carneiro <chesterman86(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Has Pg 9.1.0 been released today?
Date: 2011-09-13 12:04:16
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 8:12 AM, Venkat Balaji <venkat(dot)balaji(at)verse(dot)in>wrote:

> Yes. I would be excited to know if there is a possibility of multi-master
> replication system on Postgres.
>
> We will be soon using 9.1 Streaming replication.
>
> Thanks
> Venkat
>

> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 1:31 AM, Aleksey Tsalolikhin <
> atsaloli(dot)tech(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Congratulations on the release of 9.1.0!
>>
>> Lots of great features, I for one can't wait to try out unlogged
>> tables, that should help a lot in our environment.
>>
>> Now that you have streaming replication both async and sync, are you
>> working on multi-master replication? *excited* Or what's the
>> roadmap?
>>
>> Thanks again and keep up the great work!
>>
>> Aleksey
>>
>> --

There is any doc about this feature:

- Add protocol support for sending file system backups to standby servers
using the streaming replication network connection (Magnus Hagander, Heikki
Linnakangas)
This avoids the requirement of manually transferring a file system backup
when setting up a standby server.

?

It's a very, VERY welcome feature. Tks to all developers, testers and other
people involved in the great software.