Index-only scans for GIST

From: Anastasia Lubennikova <lubennikovaav(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Index-only scans for GIST
Date: 2014-05-25 10:12:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, hackers!
There are first results of my work on GSoC project "Index-only scans for
GIST".

1. Version of my project code is in forked repository
https://github.com/lubennikovaav/postgres/tree/indexonlygist2
Patch is in attachments
- This version is only for one-column indexes
- fetch() method is realized only for box opclass (because it's trivial)

2. I test Index-only scans with SQL script box_test.sql
and it works really faster. (results in box_test_out)

I'll be glad to get your feedback about this feature.

--
Best regards,
Lubennikova Anastasia

Attachment Content-Type Size
indexonlygist_2.0.patch application/octet-stream 19.4 KB
box_test.sql application/octet-stream 1.2 KB
box_test_out.out application/octet-stream 5.8 KB