attaching a process in eclipse

From: Ravi Kiran <ravi(dot)kolanpaka(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: attaching a process in eclipse
Date: 2014-12-28 10:37:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

hi,

I am working with postgresql 9.4.0 source using eclipse(indigo version) in
ubuntu 14.04. I am facing a problem of attaching a client process to
postgresql server.

I am following the steps given in this link
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Eclipse#Debugging_PostgreSQL_from_Eclipse

In the debug configuration , I have given the following information in the
fields.

C/C++ Application :- src/backend/postgres
Project :- postgresql-9.4.0

I have found out the process id of the client process using "select
pg_backend_pid()" and used it to attach the server.

But I am getting the following error whenever I do this

"Could not attach to process. If your uid matches the uid of the target
process, check the setting of /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope, or try
again as the root user. For more details, see /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf"

how do we rectify this error?

Thank you

Regards
K.Ravikiran