ExecStoreTuple going into infinite loop

From: Atri Sharma <atri(dot)jiit(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ExecStoreTuple going into infinite loop
Date: 2012-06-06 10:36:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

I am trying to build and store multiple tuples.The code is:

ExecClearTuple(slot);

/The code for fetching the data from which tuple will be formed../
for(;x<y;x++){
tuple = BuildTupleFromCStrings(TupleDescGetAttInMetadata(node->ss.ss_currentRelation->rd_att),
values);
ExecStoreTuple(tuple, slot, InvalidBuffer, false);
}

return (slot);

When I am including the ExecClearTuple(slot),the result only includes
the last tuple that was built.If I do not include
ExecClearTuple(slot),the code goes into an infinite loop.

Please help.

Atri
--
Regards,