Re: Page replacement algorithm in buffer cache

From: Atri Sharma <atri(dot)jiit(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)huawei(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Page replacement algorithm in buffer cache
Date: 2013-03-22 11:06:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> What would you do if the only young page has usage count zero during second
> sweep.

Umm....The same approach we take when there is no page with usage
count zero in a sweep in the current algorithm?

> I don't think introducing another factor along with usage count would do any
> much help.

Which else approach can we take here?

> Have you encountered any such workload very relatively young pages are
> getting victimized
> and the same is causing performance issues?

Not yet, I figured this might be a problem and am designing test cases
for the same. I would be glad for some help there please.

Regards,

Atri

--
Regards,