Re: More information about the selected objects

From: Vinicius Santos <vinicius(dot)santos(dot)lista(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: More information about the selected objects
Date: 2012-09-11 15:20:35
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

> Got some time to work on this. SetLabel is useful for widgets, not for
> windows. Change your call to the SetLabel() method with a call to
> SetTitle(). Works great for me on Linux. Don't know on Windows, maybe
> you could check?

OK. I changed it.

> About your patch, it seems good so far. My only issue is that, when I
> click on the root node, or on a servers group node, it still displays
> the old connection string. It shouldn't. It should get back to "pgAdmin
> III".

Here, I would like the opinion of you.

When the user clicks on the "Database" node, the pgAdmin is connected to
the database "postgres".
So, would not it be interesting to show this information?

> Another thing that bugs me. To show the full name of an object, you use
> this code:
>
> GetSchema()->GetName() + wxT(".") + GetName()
>
> instead of the simpler:
>
> GetFullIdentifier()

GetFullIdentifier() doesn't show the same information.

We can't change it, because it is used in several other places.