Re: Autosave in the SQL Editor

From: Vinicius Santos <vinicius(dot)santos(dot)lista(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Autosave in the SQL Editor
Date: 2012-08-08 15:50:02
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

> Where is it saved?
>
> You also need to have a way to delete those files.

I thought to create a specific directory for it.

> Yeah, I think the informations should be available in the file (for
> example if your database has a _ in its name, it will be hard to decode
> the informations from the filename.

It's true!
I'll put the informations in the file header.

Should be enough. Not sure how you'll open that many query tools though.

I'm scanning the files with extension .pga.

If the file belongs to the current database and current user, we will open
it.

I'll try on Ubuntu. Soon, I will send a preview of the patch.