Re: Re: How do I install/run PostgreSQL 9.4 64 bit on Windows 7 Professional?

From: Harshad Adalkonda <adalkondaharshad(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andre_Mikulec <Andre_Mikulec(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: How do I install/run PostgreSQL 9.4 64 bit on Windows 7 Professional?
Date: 2015-05-05 05:46:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 9:06 AM, Andre_Mikulec <Andre_Mikulec(at)hotmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> No, the server never starts.
>
> As, I said; firewall disabled, secure essentials disabled, antivirus
> disabled
>
> I also made the following changes and retried
>
> postgresql.conf
> listen_addresses = '*'
>
> pg_hba.conf
> host all all 0.0.0.0/0 trust
>
> Same response being produced by pg_ctl
>
> LOG: incomplete startup packet
> LOG: could not receive data from client: No connection could be made
> because the target machine actively refused it.
>
> This seems to be a DEEP problem.
> Does any one in the WORLD run PostgreSQL on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit?
>

> --

Hi Andre_Mikulec,

I have checked the PostgreSQLPortable-9.4.1.paf.exe which is also working
fine with me on my *windows 7 x64bit*

If you still have the problem *download* the following *postgresql 9.4.1
x64bit binaries* and extract them at some location

http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgbindownload

now create new cluster/data directory with it.

Ex:

inintdb -D d:\PostgreSQL\9.4\data -U postgres

Start the newly created cluster

pg_ctl start -D d:\PostgreSQL\9.4\data -l d:\PostgreSQL\9.4\data\log.txt

if any problem try to check logs available in log.txt file located in data
directory or reply here with the logs.

Hope this will resolve your problem.

--
Thanks & Regards,