pg_buffer_cache - dependencies

From: Armand du Plessis <adp(at)bank(dot)io>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_buffer_cache - dependencies
Date: 2013-05-20 17:24:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi again,

We've got a production cluster running Postgres 9.2.3(-1.30.amzn1 using the
exact Amazon package version).

I'd like to inspect the buffer_cache usage on this machine but can't get
the exact -contrib version from the Amazon repos.

I've got a different cluster running 9.2.4 with the contrib package
installed. Would it be safe/work to use the pg_buffer_cache extension from
there as a drop in on the 9.2.3 host or is that looking for disaster? (The
last thing I want now)

Doing a ldd on the extension doesn't show specific dependencies but I
assume that's not all I need to look into.

Kind regards,

Armand