Re: Speedup twophase transactions

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Stas Kelvich <s(dot)kelvich(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Speedup twophase transactions
Date: 2016-01-11 19:57:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11 January 2016 at 18:43, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> I'm looking to commit what we have now.

Here is the patch in its "final" state after my minor additions, edits and
review.

Performance tests for me show that the patch is effective; my results match
Jesper's roughly in relative numbers.

My robustness review is that the approach and implementation are safe.

It's clear there are various additional tuning opportunities, but the
objective of the current patch to improve performance is very, very clearly
met, so I'm aiming to commit *this* patch soon.

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
<http://www.2ndquadrant.com/>

Attachment Content-Type Size
2pc_optimize.v4.patch application/octet-stream 18.5 KB