Database just hangs at startup

From: Terry Khatri <terrykhatri531(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database just hangs at startup
Date: 2012-10-15 21:49:45
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,
I am having problems making any connection to the database, it was working
fine and problems started when I added a wrong cidr in pg_hba.conf to allow
connection from other hosts in the network, I took out that entry and
restarted it but it just does not work it starts up fine but all
connections just hang forever, whether I try it with psql or pgadmin III.

Here are the contents of pg_hba.conf
============================

*# TYPE DATABASE USER ADDRESS METHOD*
* *

*local all all trustit*

*# IPv4 local connections:*
* *

*host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5*
* *

*host all all 192.168.56.0/24 trust*
* *

*# IPv6 local connections:*
* *

*host all all ::1/128 trust*
* *

*# Allow replication connections from localhost, by a user with the*
* *

*# replication privilege.*
* *

*#local replication sns84 trust*
* *

*host replication sns84 127.0.0.1/32 trust*
* *

*host replication sns84 0.0.0.0/0 trust*
* *

*host replication sns84 ::1/128 trust*

*----*

**
*
Here are the logs
===============

,LOG: database system was interrupted; last known up at 2012-10-16 01:45:00
UZT

,LOG: database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress

,LOG: record with zero length at 0/1B95BF48

,LOG: redo is not required

,LOG: autovacuum launcher started

,LOG: database system is ready to accept connections

,WARNING: pgstat wait timeout

,WARNING: pgstat wait timeout

,WARNING: pgstat wait timeout

,WARNING: pgstat wait timeout

,WARNING: pgstat wait timeout

,WARNING: pgstat wait timeout

---

listen_address='^'

Please help me fix it, I am using version 9.2

Thanks

*

**