thread-safety flag on Solaris 10

From: Dinesh Bhandary <dbhandary(at)iii(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: thread-safety flag on Solaris 10
Date: 2012-10-16 17:52:04
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello -

We are installing Postgresql-9.1.3 from source against solaris 10, gcc
3.4.6 and it is fails when I enable thread-safety flag.
It install fine if I disable thread-safety flag. One of the options I am
looking into is upgrading gcc. Upgrading Solaris is not an option.
But before I do that, I would like to know the consequences of
installing pg without thread-safety. We do not use Slony, which I have
heard can break if I disabled thread-safety flag.
We use pgadmin, Java/jdbc to access postgres.

Here is the machine specs:

# uname -X
System = SunOS
Node = sierra-db.toledolibrary.org