Re: Dockerfile for testing with Perl 5.8.8

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Álvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Dockerfile for testing with Perl 5.8.8
Date: 2016-03-03 05:08:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 3 March 2016 at 11:06, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've prepared a Dockerfile that produces a canned Perl 5.8.8 environment
> based on CentOS 5 on any host with Docker. It has ccache installed and
> enabled, git installed, IPC::Run installed, all the mess required to make
> CPAN work sensibly done, etc.

That one didn't include a new enough flex or bison, so it couldn't rebuild
a fully clean tree that hadn't been built on the host first.

Fixed in the attached along with some other cleanups.

I'm not proposing to commit this of course, though I'll probably stash it
on github and link to it in the wiki. I just think it'll be a useful tool
for those of us doing TAP framework stuff - and anyone writing tests, since
those too will have to work with $ancientperl. (Yes, I stand by "ancient" -
CentOS 5, Debian Etch? Ancient.)

Attachment Content-Type Size
Dockerfile application/octet-stream 3.7 KB