Re: Supporting Windows SChannel as OpenSSL replacement

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Supporting Windows SChannel as OpenSSL replacement
Date: 2014-08-06 17:37:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com
> wrote:

> On 07/08/2014 08:11 PM, Jeff Janes wrote:
>
>> Is there some recipe for testing the 0002 patch? Can it be tested on an
>> MinGW environment, or does it need to use the MicroSoft supplied
>> compilers?
>>

> I used MSVC. It ought to work with MinGW, I think, although you might need
> to tweak the Makefiles to make it compile. Certainly we should eventually
> make it work, before committing. If you try it out, let me know how it goes.

I couldn't it to work when I tried it long time ago, but I didn't record
the error and it may have been a failure to use the correct arguments to
the configure. I think it was taking a path through all the #ifdef that
resulted in a function never getting defined.

But now it looks like 0002 needs a rebase....

Cheers,

Jeff