Re: Segmentation Fault in logical decoding get/peek API

From: Jeremy Finzel <finzelj(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault in logical decoding get/peek API
Date: 2019-02-19 15:32:15
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> Yes, please do. And if that fails, is is realistic to test without those
> additional extensions? If not, where's their source?

So yes, I just reproduced the same assert abort on 10.7, so issue is still
there.

I still need pg_fact_loader, but I was able to strip out any custom C code
from the test and I am still able to produce the crash. I dropped
extensions pgl_ddl_deploy and pglogical_ticker. pg_fact_loader can
optionally use a pg background worker, but I am bypassing that and thus
only running plpgsql functions, and still producing the crash. This makes
me doubt that it could have anything to do with these extensions.

If interested, here is the source for them:
github.com/enova/pgl_ddl_deploy
github.com/enova/pglogical_ticker
github.com/enova/pg_fact_loader

I want to see if I can reproduce the crash on a fresh cluster. Is there
anything else you want me to try at this point?

Thanks,
Jeremy