Re: New archives for testing

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New archives for testing
Date: 2013-01-06 20:59:13
Lists: pgsql-www

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 8:53 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
> Well, that's what I'm considering, but inlining screenshots at high
> resolutions is going to look Really Bad... But yes, the idea would be
> to parse out the resolution from the metadata somehow.

I would be more concerned with the file size. You don't want someone
to be able to make an archive page send a hapless viewer a 100M image
file. Luckily file size doesn't require parsing the meta data.

Can you not deal with the image size by just sticking a css attribute
for max-height and max-width on the inlined image?

--
greg