How to erase transaction logs on PostgreSQL

From: Frank Church <voipfc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to erase transaction logs on PostgreSQL
Date: 2012-03-08 10:18:17
Lists: pgsql-general

How do you purge the postgresql transaction log?

I am creating a virtual machine image and I want to erase any transaction
logs that got built up during development. What is the way to do that?

I am currently using 8.3 and 8.4.

Is there the possibility that the logs saved in /var/log also contain
security details?

/voipfc