Re: Problem running "ALTER TABLE...", ALTER TABLE waiting

From: Sergey Konoplev <sergey(dot)konoplev(at)postgresql-consulting(dot)com>
To: Brian McNally <bmcnally(at)uw(dot)edu>
Cc: raghu ram <raghuchennuru(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem running "ALTER TABLE...", ALTER TABLE waiting
Date: 2012-07-19 06:03:24
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 9:42 PM, Brian McNally <bmcnally(at)uw(dot)edu> wrote:
> I don't get any rows returned back from that query. I'm running it while
> connected to the DB in question. Am I supposed to substitute values for any

Try this one. Are there any COPY queries (current_query) or long
lasting transactions (age)?

SELECT
now() - pg_stat_activity.xact_start AS age, pg_stat_activity.datname,
pg_stat_activity.procpid, pg_stat_activity.usename, pg_stat_activity.waiting,
pg_stat_activity.query_start, pg_stat_activity.client_addr,
pg_stat_activity.client_port, pg_stat_activity.current_query
FROM pg_stat_activity
WHERE pg_stat_activity.xact_start IS NOT NULL
ORDER BY pg_stat_activity.xact_start;

Ensure that your ALTER still hangs before executing this query.