Re: [ODBC] ODBC constructs

From: Dev Kumkar <devdas(dot)kumkar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>, Dann Corbit <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>, "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [ODBC] ODBC constructs
Date: 2013-05-22 21:38:06
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general pgsql-odbc

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM, John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com> wrote:

> why the heck are you not installing unixODBC-libs from RPMs ?!?
>
> yum install unixODBC64 unixODBC64-libs unixODBC64-devel
>
> should do it, unless you're on Red Hat Enterprise without a subscription,
> then you can do it the hard way...
>
> mkdir unixODBCdownloads && cd unixODBCdownloads
> wget
> http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5/os/x86_64/CentOS/unixODBC64-2.2.14-3.el5.x86_64.rpm
> wget
> http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5/os/x86_64/CentOS/unixODBC64-libs-2.2.14-3.el5.x86_64.rpm
> wget
> http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5/os/x86_64/CentOS/unixODBC64-devel-2.2.14-3.el5.x86_64.rpm
> rpm -Uvh *.rpm
>
> if you get any dependency errors, fetch the required RPMs from
> http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5/os/x86_64/CentOS/ and install manually
> with the rpm command. don't be surprised if the dependencies have
> dependencies, normally yum would sort that out automatically.
>
> if your application is 32bit, then you'll need to install 32bit ODBC
> instead of the 64bit stuff above.
>
> if you ARE on Red Hat Enterprise Linux without a RHN subscription, you
> really really should be on CentOS instead, its a 100% compatible
> distribution rebuilt from Red Hat sources with the branding and redhat
> network subscription stuff removed and replaced with open yum repositories.
>
> btw, i'm offline til next week. have fun with that.

Yes, its RHE without subscription. Hard time!
On a different box, I did the other way and installed unixODBC64 using the
above links. There were some libtdl* dependencies and installed package
libtool-ltdl-1.5.22-7.el5_4.x86_64.rpm for that.
unixODBC is done with the above method.

Can you list steps for psqlODBC?

Should i get packages in this way
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/YUM_Installation?