Re: Partitioning V schema

From: Agustin Larreinegabe <alarreine(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Potts <dave(dot)potts(at)pinan(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: Partitioning V schema
Date: 2013-09-19 12:40:16
Lists: pgsql-general

If I were you I will use partitioning. In my experience, partitioning is
easier and transparent. I just have to set it up and then refers just to
one table and done.
About speed, if you have the value "constraint_exclusion" = partition,
postgres will examine constraints only for inheritance child tables and
UNION ALL subqueries and will improve the perfomance of your query

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/ddl-partitioning.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/runtime-config-query.html