pgbounce max_client_conn and default_pool_size

From: Yetkin Öztürk <yetkin85(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgbounce max_client_conn and default_pool_size
Date: 2012-10-17 07:05:05
Lists: pgsql-performance

What is the adequate *pgbounce* *max_client_conn ,default_pool_size* values
for a postgres config which has *max_connections = 400*.

We want to move to pgbouncer to let postgres do the only db job but it
confused us. We have over 120 databases in a single postgres engine with
as i said max_connections = 400 .

120+ databases are driven from 3 separate web servers, we are planning to
install pgbounce to three of them.

PS: in source code of pgbouncer it looks like opens separate fd's
for max_client_conn * default_pool_size value.

Regards,

Yetkin Öztürk