Re: BUG #15324: Non-deterministic behaviour from parallelised sub-query

From: Marko Tiikkaja <marko(at)joh(dot)to>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #15324: Non-deterministic behaviour from parallelised sub-query
Date: 2018-08-14 12:20:41
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 2:50 PM, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> This looks related, but I think this is a different issue.

Sure.

> The real
> reason for this case is that row_number is marked as parallel_safe
> which seems to be wrong. I think it should be marked as
> parallel_unsafe.

Marking the function parallel safe doesn't seem wrong to me. The
non-parallel-safe part is that the input gets fed to it in different order
in different workers. And I don't really think that to be the function's
fault.

.m