Re: How To Install Extension Via Script File?

From: Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rob Sargent <robjsargent(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How To Install Extension Via Script File?
Date: 2013-08-10 06:44:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Just a note on this.

> Yes, I would drop the "template0" call and I think UTF8 is default now
> anyway.
>
> Or maybe add them to template0 but that would be unusual I think

Don't add to template0. I think this would mess up backups.

As for whether UTF-8 is the default, it is in many cases, but I remember
struggling with the fact that a few Linux distros still default to
SQL-ASCII. Ultimately this is something of a packaging issue and the
default may be set at the package level.

--
Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

Efficito: Hosted Accounting and ERP. Robust and Flexible. No vendor
lock-in.
http://www.efficito.com/learn_more.shtml