Re: Lost data Folder, but have WAL files--- How to recover the database ?? Windows

From: Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: chinnaobi <chinnaobi(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Lost data Folder, but have WAL files--- How to recover the database ?? Windows
Date: 2012-03-06 03:11:57
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 6:38 PM, chinnaobi <chinnaobi(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Recently i was doing streaming replication, I lost the data folder on both
> the servers and left with WAL archives (some how).
>
> Can any one tell me how to recover database with WAL archives.

I don;t think you can recover from only the WAL archives. However, if you
have a base backup and a complete collection of WAL archives then recovery
should be possible. At that point it's basically standard WAL recovery.

So I guess the first step is to determine if you have this base backup (you
would have taken one during replication setup and hopefully were taking
them from time to time).

best Wishes,
Chris Travers