Re: IDLE in transaction introspection

From: Scott Mead <scottm(at)openscg(dot)com>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: IDLE in transaction introspection
Date: 2012-01-17 00:43:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Scott Mead <scottm(at)openscg(dot)com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 4:28 AM, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> On 01/12/2012 11:57 AM, Scott Mead wrote:
>>
>>> Pretty delayed, but please find the attached patch that addresses all
>>> the issues discussed.
>>>

>> The docs on this v4 look like they suffered a patch order problem here.
>> In the v3, you added a whole table describing the pg_stat_activity
>> documentation in more detail than before. v4 actually tries to remove
>> those new docs, a change which won't even apply as they don't exist
>> upstream.
>>
>> My guess is you committed v3 to somewhere, applied the code changes for
>> v4, but not the documentation ones. It's easy to do that and end up with a
>> patch that removes a bunch of docs the previous patch added. I have to be
>> careful to always do something like "git diff origin/master" to avoid this
>> class of problem, until I got into that habit I did this sort of thing
>> regularly.
>>
>> gak

I did a 'backwards' diff last time. This time around, I diff-ed off of a
fresh pull of 'master' (and I did the diff in the right direction.

Also includes whitespace cleanup and the pg_stat_replication (procpid ==>
pid) regression fix.

--Scott

> Okay, I'll fix that and the rules.out regression that I missed
>
> --Scott
> OpenSCG, http://www.openscg.com
>

>> --
>> Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant US greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com Baltimore, MD
>> PostgreSQL Training, Services, and 24x7 Support www.2ndQuadrant.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_stat_activity_state_query.v5.patch application/octet-stream 57.5 KB