Re: pg 8.3 replication causing corruption

From: Bob Hatfield <bobhatfield(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg 8.3 replication causing corruption
Date: 2011-10-13 21:07:03
Lists: pgsql-general

> have you had any power events?  hard shutdowns, etc? I wonder if the problem is in the clog files, and not the heap itself.

Nothing unusual for as long as I can tell. Reminder that as long as I
don't restart the primary's pg process, everything works fine
(secondary's data is intact).

It's as if stopping/starting the primary causes a shipped wal file to
be corrupt or contain duplicated data then processed by the secondary.